Viewing this webinar requires some basic information. This data is only used within SCORE and will not be distributed to any third parties.
One of the biggest reasons small businesses fail is “undercapitalization” – not budgeting enough money to execute its business plan, or running out of money before your product or service is successful. Raising capital is one of the most difficult, yet essential, tasks in running a business, and the U.S. legal and tax system doesn’t make it easy.
In this fast-paced, entertaining program, you will learn how to finance your small business or startup venture, including:
- the two places (there are only two) you can find money for a startup business;
- the two ways (there are only two) you can invest in your own company;
- issuing your “founders’ shares” the right way;
- “sweat equity” partners and investors, including fantastic angel investors and where to find them;
- the pros and cons of “bootstrapping”;
- credit cards, 2nd mortgages and SBA loans;
- raising money from “friends and family”;
- is crowdfunding an option for your business?
Prior to the webinar:
- Make a list of 10 people you would approach for the funds necessary to keep your business on life support for the next 6-12 months.
Presenter: Cliff Ennico
CLIFF ENNICO (www.cliffennico.com), a nationally recognized small business legal and tax expert, is best known as the former host of MONEYHUNT on PBS, where entrepreneurs defended their business plans before America's toughest panel of experts. An attorney and small business consultant based in Fairfield, CT, he has helped launch over 15,000 businesses. He is the author of 16 books, most recently “The Crowdfunding Handbook: How to Raise Capital for Your Business Using Equity Funding Portals”.
This Webinar is Sponsored by the First County Bank